Oct 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Edited Oct 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM
To avoid any potential conflict, I:
-Unloaded both production and dev Exceldna Addin
-Deleted every Excel addin file on the C drive
-Restarted the computer
-Created a simple Addin with just the resize code
-Compiled the addin and put it on the share drive
-Changed the dna file to point to the addin location
=>then I can see the functions and the function MakeArray is working but the resize is crashing (NA).
-I relocated the addin to the C drive and changed the dna file to point out to the new location
=> I can see the functions and the resize is working
All that with the 0.29 and the 0.30, whatever the version and I think I had the same problem in the past (but not sure about it).
So for sure, nothing else loaded, and now I got the same trouble with my RTD contribution system. The RTD function (to retrieve data) isn't working if I link the dna file to a library on the share drive but it works with a local library.
I use .NET 2.0 for my addin (as I think the 4.0 wasn't working with exceldna, at least in the past).
I hope that give a better idea of the problem, I tried the debug and it was crashing at the first line without any error msg (ExcelReference caller = XlCall.Excel(XlCall.xlfCaller) as ExcelReference;).
So I'm a bit blind here, not a huge deal by itself for the production addin but for the dev addin.......I will have to transfer each time the addin compiled to the C drive to test...not fun.