Permanent Install Failing...sort of

Dec 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I have created a fairly complex addin with lots of external dependencies. It complies, runs fine in Debug and I can open the packed .xll which will also work fine during a given session; however, when I attempt to permanently install the packed add-in by adding it as an Excel add-in, the install won't be preserved between sessions.

Unless...

...this is the strange part. I went back to the Distribution files, started building up progressively more complex versions to see if I could figure out what was causing the install to disappear & couldn't replicate it (i.e. permanent install via adding an Excel Add-in was working as expected). So then, on a whim, I took the packed version of my complex addin, changed the name to match the last successfully installed version of the simple addins and boom, the installation works.

Any thoughts on what could be preventing me from getting a permanent install when starting with the complex addin, but allowing me to get a permanent install if I overwrite the simple addin with the complex one?