Excel Dna in Excel 2013

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:44 AM
Hi,

I have tested my add in on Excel 2013 but it hasn't worked as expected.
Is this due to incompatible issues or is there some additional modifications required in visual studio prior to packing the add in ?

Regards,

Bilal
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2016 at 8:48 AM
I don't know of any problems with Excel 2013.

What are the symptoms - is there any message?
When you do File -> Open and pick the .xll, check in the status bar whether you see "Registering add-in ..." flash up.

Also you can check the security settings. In some corporate environments, add-in security might be set to silently refuse to load add-ins.

-Govert
Feb 8, 2016 at 4:47 PM
Hi Govert,

I just tried again today and the addin allows me to see the functions that I have in Excel. However, it does not bring back the results and shows #Value. However, on my personal 32bit it works fine and I use office 2010 at home but 2013 64bit at work.
Have you come across this ?
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2016 at 8:51 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2016 at 8:51 AM
If you're seeing the functions in Excel, then the add-in loaded correctly.

#VALUE normally means there was some exception when calling your code. Possibly you have some other dependency which is failing (perhaps some other library that does not work right under 64-bit). The problem might be when it JIT-compiles your function and tries to resolve a dependency, or it could be an exception in your function itself.

Best is to start with a very simple add-in that works, and grow it from there, too see where it goes wrong.

-Govert