Excel-DNA with NetOffice

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:43 PM

I have an Excel project that uses a combination of Excel-DNA for the module and application handling and NetOffice for the workbook and worksheet logic.  I'm off to a good start and have the GUI functioning rather well, but I have two challanges that I haven't been able to overcome.

1.  When wiring up the Application-Level Event Handlers, I have determined that only the Excel-DNA hooks function.  If I use the NetOffice events, they are ignored for application level events, but work fine for user controls such as command buttons.  Any pointers on how to get this interopability to work would be great.

2.  While looking through the available application-level events (in general), I haven't found it, but I am looking for an event that fires when there is a change to a workbook's Defined Names collection.  Any idea on which, if any, event handler supports this.  Any suggestions from other's experiences for this would be greatly appreciated.

Great project!  Keep up the excellent work.

-MindCore

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Are you hooking up the right Application object with NetOffice - passing ExcelDnaUtil.Application?

I'm hoping to get some time to play around with the NetOffice/Excel-DNA combination a bit next week, so I'll look out for the Application events issue. You might also like to cross-post to the NetOffice discussions to see if Sebastian can help.

For the Defined Names, I'd be surprised if there is such an event in the object model. It might be useful to post to the Excel for Developers forum (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/is/exceldev/threads), asking how it might be done from VBA. 

-Govert