ExcelDna Version 0.23 2010/03/14 - Packing and other features
This release adds a number of features to ExcelDna:
- Add ExplicitExports attribute to Project and ExternalLibrary (default is false). If set to ExplicitExports="true" only methods marked with ExcelFunction / ExcelCommand attributes will be exported.
- Add CompilerVersion attribute to DnaLibrary and Project. When set to CompilerVersion="v3.5" for VB or C#, the new language features are enabled.
- Add Name attribute to Reference for use in LoadWithPartialName.
- Add ExcelDna.Integration.Integration.RegisterUnhandledExceptionHandler to set user-provided handler that is invoked for functions that throw unhandled exceptions. The handler can log the error, or return error-specific information to Excel. The default handler returns the #VALUE error to Excel as before.
- Add button to save ExcelDna error log.
- Create ExcelDnaPack. Add Pack attribute to ExternalLibrary and Reference (default is false).
- By default, only the .dna file, and the ExcelDna.Loader and ExcelDna.Integration assemblies are packed in the .xll.
- <ExternalLibrary> can be .dna files or .dll assemblies. These are packed if they are marked as Pack="true".
- <Reference> can appear in two contexts: 1. In a project (or in the default project of a DnaLibrary) as a reference to be used when compiling .dna based source at runtime. 2. In a DnaLibrary inside a Project or not, even when there is no source in the .dna file. Such ocurrence of the <Reference> tag is only used to indicate that the referenced assembly should be packed, by adding the Pack="true" attribute. Otherwise in case 2. the reference is not used at all.